Learn How to Create 3D Lettering in Illustrator
1. Double-click the Pencil tool to open the Pencil Tool Options. Set Fidelity to Smooth. Click OK. Draw a letter using a single stroke, or path.
Optional: Use our custom alphabet (https://adobe.ly/2q2NodN) to create your lettering.
2. Choose the Ellipse tool and Shift+drag to draw a circle.
3. With the circle still selected, click the Gradient icon below the Fill color in the Tools panel. Set Stroke to None.
4. Open the Gradient panel (Window – Gradient). Double-click the first Gradient slider. Click the Swatches icon and choose a color. Double-click the second Gradient slider and choose a different color.
5. Use the Selection tool to select the circle. Then, Option/Alt+drag to duplicate the circle.
6. Choose the Blend tool and click each circle.
7. Double-click the Blend tool, select Specified Steps from the Spacing drop down, and set the desired number of steps.
8. Use the Selection tool to select both your letter and the blend, go to Object – Blend – Replace Spine to create the 3D effect.
Optional: To change the direction of your blend, select Reverse spine.
Watch the bite-sized video